When we first started this page, we were trying to figure out most of our supplements ourselves, through research and a bit of trial and error. Since I (dad) seem to have the same biochemistry as the kids I acted as official guinea pig testing the safety and efficency of the supplements we were researching.
Since then, we have had several appointments with Dr. Bradstreet, and he helped fine tune our supplements through lab testing.
We will still run through our supplements we are using so that those considering them might know that they work for us. However, please be careful – all kids chemistry is different, and what works for us might not help your child. If you have the means, I highly recommend working with Dr. Bradstreet (he does phone consults) to work up exactly what your child needs.
Our current supplements/meds:
- Super Nu-Thera with P5P- multivitamin, high in B vitamins. Our first supplement and truly amazing results at the time.
- Krill Oil – replaced fish oils as our anti-oxidant of choice. Helps with oxidative stress.
- Cal-Mag – Calcium Magnesium supplement. Has a calming effect, and greatly reduces tantrums
- Copper, Selenium, Multiple Mineral Complex Pro-Support – replaces minerals lost through chelation, helps provide more magnesium.
- Melatonin – Helps her get to sleep.
- Singular – Helps keep the allergies in check.
- Oxytocin – Amazing improvement in social skills, empathy, and human emotion. One of our least expensive supplements giving us the biggest bang for the buck.
- Secretin – Taken nasally. Has been the only thing that helps calm her stomach. Has eliminated the constant cramping and bloating.
- Glutathione – helps with oxidative stress.
- ETDA – chelator